We are a congregation of the Church of Scotland within Falkirk Presbytery. Our parish is the northern part of the town of Cumbernauld and we serve the communities of Castlecary, Wardpark (north), Westerwood, Cumbernauld Village, Carrickstone, Dullatur, Craigmarloch, Eastfield, Balloch, Craiglinn, Croy and Smithstone.
There has been a worshipping community in Cumbernauld since the 13th century on or near the site of our present parish church building. The current building has been in continuous use since 1659 and we celebrated our 350th anniversary in 2009 with a whole series of events and the publication of a new book on the history of the church. As well as worshipping in the Parish Church on Sunday mornings, we also hold a worship service in the Forge Community Centre in Balloch. Maps and directions to both worship centres are available on our website.
Our Mission Statement reads: Cumbernauld Old Parish Church aims to be an inclusive family of God, where all are welcome and everyone is valued and involved. We aim to play an active part in the communities we serve, reaching out with the love and joy of Jesus Christ.
Find out more at our website: www.cumbernauldold.org.uk
Cumbernauld Old Parish Church of Scotland is a Registered Scottish Charity No. SC000877