Having now heard officially from North Lanarkshire Council that our Sunday let at the Forge Community Centre in Balloch will not be extended beyond the end of September, the Kirk Session of Cumbernauld Old Parish Church has reluctantly agreed, as an interim arrangement, to hold a single service of worship in the Parish Church in the Village on Sundays at the revised time of 11am from Sunday 7 October onwards.
Our groups and organisations restart this week after their Christmas and New Year break:
- On Wednesday 8th January the Men’s Group meet at 7.30pm in the Roadside Hall in Cumbernauld Village. The guest speaker will by Jimmy Rexter who will be speaking about the humour of the Fire Brigade.
- On Thursday 9th January the Ladies’ Group meet at 7.30pm in the Roadside Hall for a Beetle Drive. All ladies are welcome to come along and blow away any January blues.
- Also on Thursday 9th January the Boys’ Brigade Anchor, Junior, Company and Senior Sections resume at their usual times in the Forge Centre, Balloch.
Looking slightly further ahead:
- Our first Messy Church of 2014 takes place next Sunday 12th January in the Forge Centre, Balloch with a new start-time of 3pm and aiming to finish around 5pm. We’re starting off the year by looking at some people and stories from the Bible – January’s theme will be ‘Noah’ so expect some animal-themed crafts and songs, and perhaps even a wee surprise with our food near the end of the afternoon.
- The Ladies’ Circle restarts on Wednesday 15th January at 7pm in the Forge Centre, Balloch with a Games Night. However, don’t panic – these are all table-top games and nothing strenuous will be involved!